Robert Pandya is one of those guys who makes you buy motorcycles. He doesn’t twist your arm or threaten your best friend. Instead, he comes up with ideas how to make you not only want to buy a motorcycle, but to make you think it was your idea in the first place! That’s right, Robert is a marketer – and not just any marketer, either. He cut his teeth in the industry at a dealership and moved on from there. Now he’s sort of out of the marketing business and taking on a far greater task: promoting motorcycling as a whole. To that end, late last year he convened a roundtable to discuss the future of the industry and called it Give A Shift. Tune in to Episode 15 to hear from Robert about Give A Shift and a whole lot more, and to find out what YOU (and me, and all our friends who ride) can do to keep motorcycling a vibrant part of our lives for many years to come.
(Hint: you may need to bathe. I’m pretty sure Robert recommends that.)
We’re almost to 20,000 downloads and haven’t had a day of zero listens during the podcast’s entire run. That is 100% thanks to you, the listeners. Keep sharing, liking, promoting, preaching, teaching and spreading the word about my favorite podcast. We have some great guests for the rest of Season 1 (ending in May) and big plans for Season 2, which will run from August of this year to May of 2019 if all goes according to plan.
Here’s the show breakdown:
- 0.00 Intro
- 1.09 News
- 8.18 Discussion w/Robert Pandya
- 49.05 MOA plug: the Annual Rally
- 52.21 Wrap-up
- 53.21 Fin
- BMW MOA
- Chasing the Horizon’s new website, email list and Facebook page
- MOA Rally Videos: Teaser 1, Teaser 2, Teaser 3 and Long Form Teaser
- Recall news: Harley-Davidson, Polaris/Indian and MV Agusta (plus – check your VIN!)
- Racing news: MotoGP’s new track and shorter races, plus World SBK’s plan to hamper Jonathan Rea
- Royal Enfield’s sales numbers for January
- Robert Pandya’s Give A Shift initiative (includes the report and full transcript, as well as a blog & his own podcast)
3 thoughts on “Episode 15, in which we talk to Give A Shift founder Robert Pandya”
Thanks very much for the time to talk. And I appreciate it and anyone who takes the time to dive into the Give A Shift effort.
Wes, PLEASE change the opening music! OMG, it is just grating!
Sorry to hear you don’t like it, Gerard. If you’ve got some music you’ve created that you think might fit the show and are willing to let me use it for free, send it on! I’ll gladly consider anything you send for Season 2.
Comments are closed.