Here we are about two-thirds of the way through Season 1 and it’s Episode 16 time!
My conversation with Porsche Taylor, the founder and editor of Black Girls Ride magazine, was fantastic, fun, breezy and wide-ranging. It was my first “phoneterview” involving somebody I’d never met, and she made it a wonderful experience.
I get the feeling Porsche is at home talking about anything motorcycle-related to anybody, any time. I’m glad I get to share our conversation with you, because I learned a lot. I know a good number of women who ride, but few of them are black, so I was excited to hear Porsche’s stories and perspective on the world of motorcycling.
You’ll hear a lot of yourself in our discussion, and Porsche’s passion for motorcycling comes through like a hot knife cutting through butter. (I’m working on incorporating one cheesy cliché into each episode’s entry, so that’s #2 for you!) You can also find out why I had an irresistible urge to rewatch the movie Biker Boyz.
The news in this episode looks at Royal Enfield’s sales numbers, new bikes from Indian and Zero, and Harley-Davidson’s stock price woes and their investment in a California e-motorcycle startup.
6.23 Discussion with Porsche Taylor
59.37 MOA Plug: join us at a Getaway!
- BMW MOA
- Chasing the Horizon online: website, email newsletter & Facebook
- MOA Getaways (search/scan for “MOA Getaway” in the event listings)
- Royal Enfield’s February sales numbers & everything you need to know about their Thunderbird 350X & 500X models
- Press release on the limited edition Indian Chieftain Elite in Black Hills Silver
- Zero’s new DSR Black Forest model
- Harley-Davidson’s stock price reaches one-year low (sorry for the intrusive pop-ups, but most of these financial news sites have them; just click “no thanks” and/or “don’t allow”)
- Harley + Alta = a big move for both companies
- Black Girls Ride magazine (click “Current Issue” to see that & all the available back issues)
- Beautiful Bikers conference & awards (the next one is 8-10 February 2019 in Dallas, start making plans now!)