When I logged in to write this email, I realized I never sent the email for Episode 8. Shame on me! Due to that egregious oversight, I’ll include the E8-specific links in this email and apologize profusely to Polly Pierce for failing to follow through on promoting her episode.
By the way – because of you and people just like you, Chasing the Horizon has been listened to nearly 9,000 times – and 10,000 listens isn’t far off – or is that aren’t far off? No matter. I want to offer my sincerest, most heartfelt thanks to everybody who listens to the podcast even once. It’s a labor of love and I can’t express how grateful I am to have the opportunity to speak to you on a regular basis.
Episode 9 is out now and it features a pared-down news section followed by my discussion with Ted Porter of the Beemershop. This episode is perhaps the most BMW-centric of all of them so far, as the Beemershop does provide parts & service primarily for BMW motorcycles. However, some of their services cross marque boundaries – for example, they sell, service and rebuild shocks, which nearly all motorcycles have. At any rate, Ted’s an interesting person and businessman, so even if you don’t ride a BMW, it’s an interesting discussion.
The news featured in this episode has to do with MotoGP and World Superbike, motorcycle racing’s premiere international circuits. I promised links to their 2018 schedules, and here they are:
- MotoGP 2018 schedule
- World SBK 2018 schedule
- Bonus! MotoAmerica 2018 schedule
- Bonus! Article about Marquez & Pedrosa testing at Valencia & Sepang
- Bonus! Jonathan Rea awarded an MBE
- KTM and Pierer Industrie AG
- Interview with Triumph India’s Managing Director, Vimal Sumbly
- Ted Porter’s Beemershop
- YouTube video of my R 1200 GS clutch repair (and the MOA’s YouTube channel)
- The MOA Foundation’s R 80/7 Raffle – ticket sales end on 30 November! You don’t have to be an MOA member to enter. Good luck!
- From Episode 8 with Polly Pierce – MotoChic Gear and the Christian Motorcyclists Association
Episode 8, in which we talk to Polly Pierce, brand ambassador & product tester for Moto Chic (13 Nov 17)
Episode 9, in which we talk to Ted Porter of The Beemershop (27 Nov 17)