We all have our bucket list destinations, those places our deepest desires push us to visit. For me, the top two on the list are Australia and Cuba. That’s one of the reasons I tracked down journalist, travel writer and regular contributor to the BMW MOA’s monthly magazine, Owners News, Christopher P. Baker. It’s also one of the reasons why my discussion with him kicks off Season Two’s series of travel episodes. Mixed in with “regular” guests throughout the season will be riders like Christopher who have travelled by motorcycle to places many of us have dreams of riding to, in and through. Here we kick it off with Christopher’s in-depth knowledge of riding in Cuba; coming up later this season are Mongolia, Russia, New Zealand, New Jersey (not as deadly as you might think!) and one of my favorites, the United States through the eyes of a British rider.
The news is short and sweet in this episode – with Intermot, AIMExpo and EICMA all on the horizon, motorcycle manufacturers aren’t doing much lately. Expect the next few weeks to be exciting, though!
Episode 34 will be out on Monday, 15 October and there’s two interesting things about that one. First, I’ll be putting it together while I’m in Las Vegas for AIMExpo, so don’t be surprised if it’s short on news – I’ll be doing an AIMExpo wrap-up episode for #35, which will be out on Monday, 29 October. More importantly, for #34 I talked to Fred Juarez. Don’t sweat it if you’ve not heard his name before, he’s only recently become news in the motorcycle industry. Fred won the Indian Scout Bobber Build Off, beating out dozens of other hopefuls in a process that produced some truly amazing one-off bikes. Tune in for that fascinating discussion!
0.00 Welcome to Chasing the Horizon!
5.57 MOA Plug: the Anonymous Book
8.00 Discussion with Christopher P. Baker
40.22 The Dunlop Information Minute
41.39 Farewell to Thee
- Chasing the Horizon
- The News
- Royal Enfield’s Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 – US availability from Spring 2019 | least expensive twins in India
- Strike in India could affect 8% of country’s motorcycle production, hamper Yamaha & Royal Enfield production
- New bikes! Yamaha Ténéré 700 World Raid (based on the T7 Concept) | all-new Suzuki Katana | MV Agusta Dragster RR Pirelli Edition |
- Christopher P. Baker
- Bonus Links
- Media Connections
- Videocasting friends of CTH: Amenmoto (riding videos & more) – oh! and I was not one, but TWO more of their videos! | Jedzmoto (bike reviews & more) | Alex Chácon (world traveller)
- Podcasting friends of CTH: Café Racer ADV Motorcycle Podcast (Steve & Crash talk about lots of bikes!) | The Wheelnerds (I’ll be a guest on an upcoming episode) | Motorcycles & Misfits (thanks for the shout-out on Facebook, and I quote: “Chasing the Horizon is doing a great job with their podcast, and raising the bar for us Misfits.”)
- Podcasts I’m listening to: Biker Radio Rodcast (exploring motorcycling in India) | History of the Cold War Podcast | The Paddock Pass Podcast (mostly about MotoGP)
I’ll see you out there somewhere on the road – or off it! Ride safe.